Friday, May 21, 2010

My Son's 1-Year Wedding Anniversary

My son got married a year ago this coming weekend, and we are planning on taking him out to dinner ... just me, my husband, my mom, my son, and his wife.  My son's wife belongs to a Mormon church, and they are very nice, and they want to also celebrate this anniversary.  Without asking anyone, they invited almost the entire church to an anniversary celebration on Saturday night ... Saturday night is when we are planning on taking them to dinner.  Why would anyone just make plans for something like this without asking if they already have plans?  So my son's wife calls them and thanks them but explains that we are planning on taking them to dinner at the Olive Garden.  So next thing I know, my son is calling me in exasperation saying that the church members are now planning on meeting us at the Olive Garden!  No!  They are not being included ... how do we get them to understand this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment