Saturday, May 15, 2010

TURTLES (TORTOISES)!

Okay, I'm willing to do a lot of stuff for work for my boss, but now he wants me to mail LIVE TURTLES (TORTOISES)! They are going to someone on Lakewood, Washington, and I think they must be out in the boonies because the fees are too high! I'm an office manager for God's sake! Why am I shipping turtles!?


Here's the scoop ... One of our employees raises turtles (tortoises, I guess). It's a hobby, and it has nothing to do with our business. Anyhow, he got the owner into it too. So the owner has these 3 turtles he needs to send to Washington. What does he do? He packages them up (yes, they really do that) and hands them to me and says "Ship them.".


Okay, so I don't normally ship stuff anyway, and now I have to send live animals several states away? The receiver must live in the boonies because the shipping fees for 8 lbs of turtle were outrageous!


I'm still watching the tracking to make sure they have arrived, but they still haven't been delivered yet. Go turtles!

No comments:

Post a Comment