Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Night at the Salon; Anticipation

So tonight after work I went to get my nails done at the salon by my house. I get gels (I hate acrylics!). My nails are short, stubby, brittle things otherwise. I had so much fun! I love it there, most of the time. My gal, T, was there; I haven't seen her since before Thanksgiving ... that's, like, six months!

I met T at the salon only a few months before that, and she was so funny, I just fell in love with her! No, of course I don't mean literally, but I just enjoy her so much. I never feel that way about someone right off the bat, but I sure did with her. And C, the gal who does her hair (and is one of the owners) is great, too!

So, I brought champagne (yes, it's that much fun ... we have wine, champagne, cheese and crackers, etc.) and we had a great visit!

My hubby is flying out of Japan tonight, and I tend to worry about it when he's flying ... or when anyone I really care about is flying. I guess it's silly since flying is so safe, but I get nervous. So it was great to get to visit with my fun friends and be distracted. Now I'm back home and worrying again. D will land at LAX tomorrow around 11:20 a.m. I'm taking off work at 11:00 a.m. to go pick him up. I figure with him coming through customs it will take a while, and I'll probably still end up waiting for him by the time I get there.

I'm taking the rest of the day off work tomorrow after I leave to pick him up. I'm so excited, I can't wait to see him in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment